If you are anything like me, you’ve always had a secret belief that life could be different, on all levels; that what we have around us isn’t the only thing possible. You’ve been dreaming, and you want to get there.
You are in the right place, then.
I, too, believe that:
- as individuals, we can be authentic without sacrificing care and loving without compromising our power
- in our relationships, we can find solutions that truly work for everyone
- In our communities, we can restore the commons and the ties of mutual aid and dependency that sustain us as humans
- within our organizations, we can work with each other collaboratively towards shared goals that really make sense
- and, globally, we can provide for everyone’s needs without taxing future generations and create institutions that are responsive to our needs.
This is what everything I do aims for: my writing, my teaching, and my work with organizations. This is also how I try to live, as a single individual, regardless of how much support the culture at large provides.
My invitation to you: join me in this effort to reclaim our faith in ourselves and each other, and to change course to make a better future possible.
My current main project is the Nonviolent Global Liberation community. A slightly modified version of its vision is:
A large and thriving globally interconnected body of people, groups, and communities seeding the path towards a world that works for all.
My own picture of that world is on the back cover of my book Reweaving Our Human Fabric: Working Together to Create a Nonviolent Future:
“A world in which we all value people and life and participate in a flow of generosity. A world where sharing our gifts and the mundane tasks of life are both done with wholehearted willingness, free of coercion. A world where attending to everyone’s needs is the organizing principle.”